Tuesday 11 August 2009

A New Dimension

Well I've had a fun weekend getting stuck into some 3D. As well as working on a couple of rough little models in 3DS Max, I also managed to run off a quick ident for Glow New Media using a 3D version of their logo as requested.



This is to be the first bit of what I hope to be much more 3D in my portfolio. I've also done some more work on my bike model from a while back and hopefully I'll find the time to finally finish it over the next few days.

As one last little treat, I thought I'd have a play around creating an autostereogram. If you don't know what an
autostereogram is you can save me the hassle of explaining and look it up on wikipedia.

In case you're wondering, the Glow logo
was just the nearest thing to me at the time


Basically look at the image cross eyed until the two logos form a third one in the middle and you'll be looking at a 3D image (some times it can help to keep focus by putting your hands up either side of your face to narrow your field of view). It's an old trick, but I've read that a couple of companies are producing 3D TV sets based on autostereoscopy, which would mean no more dorky polarised specs.

No comments:

Post a Comment