Wednesday 20 May 2009

Still going

Well, work is kind of grinding to a halt here while I wait to hear back from people, but that doesn't mean I'm resting on my laurels. I've been able to get on with some more 3D modelling. First up is the latest picture of my motorbike.

Things have been going slow on the bike and I've been doing it in bits between Photoshop, After Effects, and Illustrator work. I'm quite eager to finish it, and being well practiced in the techniques now, I'm pretty sure I can get it done over the next couple of days.

I've also been aiming towards doing some character modelling, rigging, and animation to add to my portfolio. With that in mind I've also started a high-res character model.

I have decided, for a number of reasons, to try and model Jason Statham as seen in the Transporter movies. The reasons for this are:

  1. It is more of a challenge to model a real person than make one up as people will know if you got part of it wrong e.g. the nose is too big etc.
  2. I like Jason Statham
  3. Jason has quite a toned physique which gives me plenty to sculpt
  4. Jason plays very physical roles and due to my intention to animate the model, it made him a perfect fit for the job.

I don't really have to justify myself with reasons, but I just wanted to point out that there was some reasoning behind the choice. I have found a rigging tutorial which I will be doing and should hopefully have a video of that to upload in the next week or so. I'm also thinking of using this as a chance to try out some normal mapping, and have been reading up on that too.

It's all go around here so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment