Friday 15 May 2009

3D crash course

A couple of things to show this week. I'm still working on my website so that has taken up a chunk of my time this week. I did get around to making a few minor fixes though and got my CV up (I say 'I' but my brother actually put it up on the site for me). In conjunction with the new site I will be putting out my new show reel including some of the stuff I've been working on since last year. With that in mind I put together a quick demo of how my logo might be animated. This is only a quick test and obviously doesn't have any useful information on like contact details or a web address, I just wanted to try out a technique I learned on videocopilot.net.



In other news I have come across an opportunity for a few months work in a game art asset creation studio here in Liverpool. This particular role will require me to step up my 3D output and get into some serious modelling, texturing, rigging, and animating. And I have two weeks to do it all in. I love these high pressure working situations. For you, dear reader, this means lots more 3D, and with that in mind, here is my current 3D project.

This is only the start of it, but as I learn the techniques, the whole process is getting faster and faster, I should be able to show you a finished model here in a few days. I'll leave you to try and guess what it will be.

And on that bombshell I shall leave you. Lots more exciting things to come, just wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment